2019-2020 Electronic Photograph Interclub Competitions (New)
Go to http://www.neccc.org/p/interclub-competition.html for new documents and pdfs
2019-2020 Electronic Photograph Interclub Competitions
NECCC has had thirteen successful seasons for the Pictorial and twelve successful seasons for the Nature categories of the Electronic Photograph Interclub Competition. For the 2019-2020 season the size is being changed to a maximum of 1400 pixels horizontally and 1050 pixels vertically. In addition there are several reminders that are detailed below.
• Because of requirements for the web based entry system each club must register by Sept. 15, 2019, so that the internal tables can be updated before the site is opened for Fall competition entries. (See rule number 5 in the competition rules document for details about the information needed.)
• Last season we had a number of cases where we received two entries for an individual who belongs to more than one club in one of the categories in violation of rule #4. In a couple of cases we even received two entries for one individual from the same club. We routinely check each category to be sure an individual is not entered twice in a category for each competition. If that happens we will attempt to determine which club has the individual’s permission to use his/her entries and disqualify the other entry. Each club rep has the responsibility to check with his/her members to be sure that only a single club is using their entries for each competition.
• It is also the club rep’s responsibility to determine the images that may have been entered previously for an individual when competing from another club. When we check images for possible previous use it doesn’t matter which club entered it previously. It is understood that this may be a daunting task, and may be difficult to verify every image, every time. However if duplicates are received, the Co-Directors have no choice but to disqualify this duplication. We do this in order to maintain an even playing field for all competing clubs.
• Note, we have also had problems with different images being entered, but with the same title as previous entries. In that case we attempt to determine if the images are in fact different before disqualifying the new one. Please emphasize to your members the importance of using unique titles for all their images.
• It is important the Host Clubs return our score spreadsheets with no changes except to add the scores. We have had clubs that sent score sheets they designed themselves or used programs such as Mac Numbers. When that happens we have to copy the scores to our spreadsheets so that they will work within the rest of our system. Your cooperation will be appreciated.
• Class assignments are the same as the 2018-2019 season except for the Seacoast and Seven Hills Camera Clubs that move from class B to class A in pictorial and Manchester Camera Club that moves from class B to class A in nature. These were the winning clubs in class B for the 2018-2019 season.
1. The following documents with all the competition details can be found on the NECCC web site at
2. 2019-2020 Electronic Photographic Interclub Competitions (this document)
3. Electronic Photograph Interclub Competition Rules
4. Electronic Photograph Interclub Competition Instructions for Host Clubs
5. Electronic Photograph Interclub Competition Information for Judges
6. Instructions for Using the Web-based Image Upload System for the Electronic Interclub Competition
The upload site is located at http://cgburke.com/neccc/.
7. An alignment image to be used to check that your projector is showing the complete image. This image is exactly 1400 x 1050 pixels in size and has a one pixel wide stroke around the entire image. If that stroke is not visible on all four sides your projector needs adjustment which can easily be performed through the projector’s menu system. This is supplied primarily for host clubs to check their projectors before their 2019-2020 Electronic Photograph Interclub Competitions competition night, but it is also available to any club that wants to be sure it’s projector is adjusted properly.
Note that this is new for this season since the dimensions changed.
Competitions for 2019-2020
Participating clubs will receive a reminder e-mail in plenty of time to submit entries for each competition assuming they meet the September 15, 2019, registration date.
The dates and host clubs for each competition of the 2019-2020 season are as follows:
Fall Competition: The first NECCC Electronic Photograph Interclub Competition of the 2019-2020 season will be held on Thursday, November 21, 2019, hosted by The Lakes Region Camera Club. The location will be Trinity Episcopal Church, #93 NH Route 23, Meredith, NH (http://www.trinitymeredith.org/Trinity/contact-us.html#map). The meeting will begin at 7:00 p.m. (gather beginning at 6:30). The closing date for receipt of entries is Friday, November 1, 2019.
Winter Competition: The second NECCC Electronic Photograph Interclub Competition of the 2019-2020 season will be held on Saturday, February 8, 2020, hosted by the Simsbury Camera Club (snow date 2/15/2020). The location will be at the Simsbury Public Library, 725 Hopmeadow St, Simsbury, CT 06070 (http://www.simsburylibrary.info/aboutus/ hoursdirections/). The meeting will begin at 10:30 a.m. The closing date for receipt of entries is Monday, January 20, 2020.
Spring Competition: The third NECCC Electronic Photograph Interclub Competition of the 2019-2020 season will be held on Monday, March 30, 2020 (almost April), hosted by The Greater Lynn Photographic Association. The location will be Greater Lynn Photographic Association, 564 Boston Street Lynn, MA(http://greaterlynnphoto.org/directions.php The meeting will begin at 7:30 p.m. The closing date for receipt of entries is Friday, March 13, 2020.
No entry form is required to enter individual competitions. Simply enter your images at the web site before the closing date. The information collected by the web site forms substitutes for a paper entry form. Results will be returned to the club’s contact person(s) by e-mail as soon as possible after the competition has been judged. Remember that no make ups are permitted so be sure to send your entries well before each closing date so that if there are any problems they can be resolved in a timely fashion. Each entry will be automatically acknowledged by return e-mail after it has be received and checked by the web site software. Watch for the return e-mail and inquire if the receipt isn’t received within a reasonable time. It is important to monitor your entries to be sure they were received and are correct. If you have any problems with the entry system notify us and we will help. If you make a mistake in the entry let us know so we can fix the files on our end.
If you have any questions, please contact the NECCC Electronic Photograph Competition Co-directors:
William Barnett, 5003 Ashlar Village, Wallingford, CT 06492. (203) 774-7524. Interclub.NECCC@gmail.com.
Cindy Gosselin, 199 Lovely Street, Unionville, CT 06085. (860) 418-7907. firstname.lastname@example.org