Saturday, June 3, 2017

Moving to Adobe Photoshop Lightroom from Nikon’s Capture

Moving to Adobe Photoshop Lightroom from Nikon’s Capture

I get asked this question a LOT. I do not use Capture so I only know what I read and give advice accordingly. But I have read and purchased previous tutorials from Jason, and they were good, so I am passing along his tutorial.

MOVING TO LIGHTROOM (PDF EBOOK)
Master Workflow and Image Processing in Lightroom 5
http://www.luminescentphoto.com/blog/eshop/guides-to-adobe-lightroom-photoshop/lightroom-guide/

coverI made the switch to Adobe Photoshop Lightroom from Nikon’s Capture NX 2 in 2012 and learned the hard way what and what not to do. Although I am a quick learner, I still made plenty of mistakes that cost me time and effort to correct. Moving to Lightroom is the book I wish I’d had when I changed my workflow environment. You will learn how to import, organize, and process your images in Lightroom, and I walk you through each step of the process. My goal with this book was to not only create a detailed guide to the image management and adjustment tools in Lightroom, but to also provide new users with the steps they’d need to take to prepare their existing images for import. If you’ve been working on your images in other workflow tools, the last thing you want is to lose your keywords, ratings, and image adjustments when you move to another tool. Once you move to Lightroom, I’ll show you how to manage your images and process them using non-destructive editing tools that deliver brilliant results. sample-pageIf you’re new to Lightroom or getting ready to migrate, this book is for you. Check out my Lightroom FAQs video to learn more about the Lightroom workflow paradigm.

Topics
Specifically covers Lightroom 5; applicable to Lightroom 4 and CC
How Lightroom differs from a browser-based workflow, and what it can do that regular browsers cannot
Preserve keywords, labels and ratings added by other applications, including Adobe Bridge, Capture NX 2 and Aperture
Import images edited in other raw converters
Add metadata to your photos in the Lightroom catalog
Use metadata filtering to find your images
Step by-step instructions on image processing
Match the look of your manufacturer’s raw software, like Capture NX2
Use the Adjustment Brush to create smart selections
Sharpen your images globally and locally
Edit your images via Plug-ins or Photoshop
When to use XMP sidecar files
Image export & Printing
Complete list of keyboard shortcuts
See a full list of subjects by downloading the Table of Contents below. Moving to Lightroom also includes a set of custom Develop presets and Adjustment Brush presets that you can install to use with your own images. Follow the installation instructions in the guide to use them in your copy of Lightroom.

System Requirements
Mac or PC with Adobe Reader 7.0 or later
Tablet capable of displaying PDF files*
Delivery:  Digital download (ZIP archive) ~22 MB
Adobe PDF format, 8.26 x11″, compatible with US Letter and A4 paper sizes and user-printable.

Download Moving To Lightroom
http://www.luminescentphoto.com/blog/eshop/guides-to-adobe-lightroom-photoshop/lightroom-guide/

$24.99 Now only $14.99

Bundle Moving to Lightroom with Photo Mechanic Video Workshop

$49.99 Now only $29.99 Product download includes Moving to Lightroom guide and Photo Mechanic Video