- When Submit: Online before Jul 7, at conference Fri 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Judging: Sat 1:30 pm
- Report Cards Pickup: Sun 8:00 am – 10:00 am
- Award Medals Pickup: Sun 11:30 am
- View Winners: Sun 11:30 am
- Where Campus Center Room 904-908
- Submit Up to 1 open photo and 1 nature photo
- Cost Free if emailed before Jul 7. $20 late fee if submitted at the conference.
- Organizer Pam Lintner, MNEC at NECCCDigitalComp@gmail.com
- The competition is open to anyone registered and attending the conference.
UPLOAD YOUR PHOTOS BY MIDNIGHT JULY 7
ENTERING DIGITAL COMPETITION PHOTOS RULES
- 1 open and/or 1 nature – maximum of 2 photos total
- For Nature, the Photographic Society of America (PSA) definition will be used
- Submitting photos
- Before Jul 7 midnight – online using this Entry Form. You do not have to rename your photos on your computer. When you browse to them from the Entry Form, the Entry Form will take care of renaming them as part of the upload. You will get a confirming reply email shortly after submitting the Entry Form. You should inquire about your entry if you do not receive one. You can also use this Status Page to check your submission.
- After Jul 7 – in person at the conference using USB flash drive or CD on Fri 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm at the Competition desk, Campus Center near the Book Store. There is a $20 late fee.
- The photo must fit into a window of 1400 pixels width by 1050 pixels height. Smaller photos are acceptable.
- By virtue of submitting photos, the entrant certifies the work as their own
Daniel Charbonnet, NECCC President, HonPSA, EPSA, MNEC
Lori Keefer, Speaker from Pennsylvania
Chris Murray Speaker from New York
JUDGING – SAT 1:30 PM
Judging of the competition will follow the same general rules used in the NECCC interclub competitions. Photos will be scored by the judges on a 3 to 10 point basis per judge, for a total of 9 to 30 points.
Limited seating is available to watch the judging.
REPORT CARDS – SUN 8:00 AM – 10: 00 AM
Report cards can be picked up at the Competition desk near the Book Store, 2nd level of the Campus Center on Sunday from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
AWARDS – SUN 11:30 PM
In the Open category, these medals will be awarded:
- Best of Show
- Best Creative
- Best Landscape – the Edmund A. Woodle Award
- Best Portrait (male or female)
- Best Photojournalism – the Roslyn McNish Award
- Three Judge’s Choice medals from the Massachusetts Camera Naturalists (CamNats)
In the Nature category, these medals will be awarded:
- Best of Show
- Best Wildlife
- Best Bird – the Robert Strindberg Ornithology Award
- Best Mammal in Action
- Best Botany
- Three Judge’s Choice medals from the Connecticut Association of Photographers
If you cannot be at the awards ceremony, awards will be mailed to you after the conference. The two Best of Show Medals will be mailed to the makers after the conference as they will have the winning photo printed on the medal with the appropriate engraving.
A SAMPLE OF 2018 WINNERS