- When Dropoff: Fri 10:00 am – 8:00 pm, Sat 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Judging: Sat 1:00 pm
- View Winners: Sat 9:00 pm – 10:30 pm, Sun 8:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Pickup: Sun 8:00 am – 10:00 am
- Where Old Chapel building in the first floor exhibition hall room.
- Bring Up to 1 color photo and 1 monochrome photo and your registration badge
- Cost Free with your conference registration
- Organizer Art Vaughan, HonNEC
- Judges Jacob Mosser, Jerry Keefer & Kurt Budliger
The Conference Print Room this year is in the Old Chapel building. It is on the far side of the library near the pond. Look for the steeple.
DROP OFF – FRI 10:00 AM – 8:00 PM, SAT 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
ENTERING PRINT COMPETITION PHOTOS RULES
- 1 color and/or 1 monochrome – maximum of 2 prints total
- Submitted by the photographer – wear you badge as proof of registration
- Mounted, fully backed, but not framed
- Any size from 8 x 10 inches to 16 x 20 inches including mount
- All types of photographic prints are acceptable, including personally or commercially made, traditional darkroom or digitally produced, and computer or hand-colored (transparent oils, etc.)
- No color in monochrome prints, other than by complete toning
- No glass, Plexiglas®, Masonite® or similar hard, sharp-edged mount material, or hangers of any type that may cause damage to other prints that may come into contact with them.
When you submit your print for the conference competition you will be given a new NECCC print label to fill out for the back of the print. This is being done so all labels are uniform, easy to read and have all the information needed. Information to be filled in will be print title, your name, address, camera club affiliation should you have one, email address and most importantly, your cell phone number so we may reach you during the conference if we need to. Please allow yourselves enough time to fill out the label at the time of submission
Jacob Mosser, HonPSA, EPSA, HonNEC
Jerry Keefer, Speaker from Pennsylvania
Kurt Budliger, Speaker from Vermont
JUDGING – SAT 1:00 PM
All prints will be judged in a regulation light box and will be scored by the judges on a 3 to 10 point basis per judge, using an electronic scoring device for a total of 9 to 30 points per print. All scores will be recorded on the back of each print on the official NECCC label. Three qualified judges will select the winning prints. Medals will be awarded for Best of Show in both Monochrome and Color. In Monochrome, special category NECCC Medals will be awarded for best nature, landscape, seascape, still life and portrait. In Color, special category NECCC Medals will be awarded for creative, landscape, seascape, and photojournalism along with three Judges’ Choice Medals, courtesy of the Connecticut Association of Photographers (CAP). Honor Award ribbons will be presented to the fifteen (15) prints in both Monochrome and Color with the highest scores. There will be no other awards, other than Medals and Honor Awards.
Limited seating is available to watch the judging.
PICKUP – SUN 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM
If you must leave the conference before print pick-up time, when submitting your photos, please sign up for after-conference home delivery of your prints. There is a $5.00 fee for this service, payable at the time of submission.
As a condition of entry, all award winning prints (Medals and Honor Awards) will be held by the Council for the “Best of the NECCC Print Show” and will be returned to you one year hence.
While care is taken in handling, NECCC, Inc. assumes no liability for the loss of, or damage to, any prints or other submitted materials. If a print is believed to have market value or is irreplaceable for sentimental or other reasons, please submit a duplicate instead.
A SAMPLE OF 2018 WINNERS