Thursday, August 24, 2017

NECCC First Time Attendee Experience Stanlee Wetzel

Here is a fun written and pictorial account of first-time attendee Stanlee Wetzel. I love her prose -- and her one mismatched chair!

this experience was wonderful ...

I have many more images from the weekend ... But, I think what I'm going to attach will express ... my Photographic Memory Moments

Maybe a picture really is worth 1,000 words ...

When one starts – from Ground Zero ... (in the ‘learning curve’ of a photographic educational
opportunity) ... It is much like the start of a motorcycle Stunt Jumper ... before (they are OR he/she is)
going to ‘take off’ in to ‘the wild blue yonder’ ...


If I were to equate my experience to the photographic opportunity presented on the Sunday morning
(07-16-17) in glorious sunny weather ... I would say ... I was ‘riding high’ with joy from all that was
presented for a participant in NECCC’s 72nd conference to experience ...


In my case, the much needed notes for the Charles Needle Workshop of iPhonography …
Which I was not able to find in the Internet BEFORE the class … 
For me, to arrive in the Friday morning class – without those notes -- 
was like being a bit “off balance” - while in the class:


Fortunately Mr. Needle was kind enough to forward his notes and Apps after the 72nd Annual Photo
Conference concluded – so I was not feeling as though I was missing out on anything important:
In other words … “Hold on to your seat” … Things will work out GREAT -- in the end …


I came home with a great deal to ‘reflect’ upon …


From the presentations - such as Nikhil Bahl’s “The Power of Simplicity and Expression;” Karen Choi’s “Crafting Painterly Effects with Textures in Photoshop;” Jack Reznicki’s “Visual Perception in Photos.” To the final talk “The Art of Seeing” by Bryan F Peterson.

Where does photographic inspiration come from?
Maybe from one miss-matched chair?


Maybe a mood is set from a panorama of a student’s building?


Or the close-up of a spiny plant in the Amherst College cafeteria


Kelly Walkotten’s “When, What and Where to Sharpen” … was completely inspiring …
I found her a very interesting and informative instructor …


Whether we look down --- for inspiration and direction/s …


These images and words are just a few of Stanlee Wetzel’s 1st year’s Experiences …
I tried to attend as many presentations (set ups, & sales) as possible. Sorry I missed the Canon Prints!


I’ve learned from this NECCC conference …
No matter what the experiences we’ve had …
There is still more that we can learn …
If we just keep reaching … higher and higher...

It is because of the kindness of the Cape Cod Viewfinder’s Camera Club that I was able to come to the 72nd Annual Photo Conference of the New England Camera Club Council 2017 …
For which I’m overwhelmingly grateful !