NECCC PROJECTED IMAGE INTERCLUB COMPETITION REPORT -- 2020-2021 SEASON
The highest scoring clubs for the 2020-21 season of the NECCC Projected Image Interclub Competitions were announced in the Spring Interclub report, the third and last competition of the season.
The high scoring clubs were:
- Pictorial A Greater Lynn Photographic Association
- Pictorial B North Haven Camera Club
- Nature A Greater Lynn Photographic Association
- Nature B Springfield Photographic Society
And now, the winning images in each of the four classes have also been chosen. The judge used for this daunting task was Gary Potts, of Indiana. Gary’s earned his APSA, GMPSA, SPSA and EFIAP/s distinctions from both the Photographic Society of America and the Federation of International Art Photography. He is a Past-Executive Vice President of PSA, having joined in 1979. He judges many international exhibitions while continuing his own photographic pursuits. Currently, he serves on the PSA Nominating Committee and the Ethics Review Board. He is a PSA Portfolio Assessor. Here is Gary’s “Judge’s Statement” on how the winning images were selected:
- Pictorial A “Nailed It On 17th Attempt” by David Roth, Gateway Camera Club
- Pictorial B “Choreographed Dance” by Lazlo Gyorsok, Housatonic Camera Club
- Nature A “Prairie Falcon Strikes Prey” by Jon Rolf, Cape Cod Viewfinders
- Nature B “Damsels Mating” by Sylvia Pyzocha, Springfield Photographic Society
Daniel Charbonnet Memorial Photograph of the Year Award
In honor, and in memory, of Daniel Charbonnet, past President of NECCC, a memorial award for the Projected Interclub Photograph of the Year has been established. This award chooses the “best of the best” from the four winning Projected Image Interclub winners. Gary Potts was honored to select this first award winner as he knew Dan very well and considered him a good friend. Gary’s choice for this award was based on “it’s wonderful color palette, background texture, and artistic mingling” of the two subjects. The winning image is:
Daniel Charbonnet Memorial Photograph of the Year “Choreographed Dance” by Lazlo Gyorsok Housatonic Camera Club
Congratulations to the clubs & individual winners.