Wednesday, December 4, 2013

"Visions of Myanmar" exhibit

I am excited to announce my "Visions of Myanmar" exhibit at the Great Ponds Gallery, 4 Precinct Street (Lakeville Library) Lakeville, MA, from December 3rd - January 20th. 
Rudyard Kipling said it best: "this is Burma and it will be quite unlike any country you know about". Once known as the Pearl of Asia, Myanmar is a country of stunning historic sites and inhabited by friendly and welcoming people. Their strong traditions and culture is deeply rooted in Theravada Buddhism. Due to its isolation from Western influences for roughly 50 years, a visit to Myanmar is like traveling back in time. I have visited Myanmar, formerly known as Burma, on two occasions. My first trip was in December of 2011 and I returned in January of 2013.

More information can be found here

I hope some of you will be able to join me at the opening reception!

Beate


"It is through living that we discover ourselves, at the same time as we discover the world around us" -  Henri Cartier-Bresson