Tuesday, November 4, 2014

President's Message By Dennis Goulet

President's Message By Dennis Goulet

This year’s NECCC Conference is now a memory, although for me, as the conference chair for the last two years, is mostly a blur. There were so many things for me to do during the event that, like last year, I was only able to attend one presentation. Based on the previous year’s comment sheets, I made changes to this year’s speaker sessions which were not appreciated by all the attendees.

It is difficult to know the likes and dislikes of all the attendees. Only 40% or so of the attendees provide an evaluation sheet or writing an email to me telling me what they liked and what they didn’t like. A slight improvement over last year, it’s the only thing we have to go on. We are planning an online survey or two which will be sent to previous conference attendees asking specific questions which will hopefully provide us with the information to continue to improve the conference and provide the activities that are most valuable to our attendees.

Next year, our 70th Annual Photography Conference will prove to be one “not to miss”. The campus construction in the area we use near the pond and in the conference center will be completed, freeing up the areas we have used in the past for outdoor activities. Antoinette Gombeda and Susan Mosser have already started planning next year’s conference; and I’m confident it will be special for our 70th
anniversary.


I will be reviewing the services NECCC provides the member clubs and to their members and will contact club presidents to ask how they are organized, conduct their activities, and manage competition images. What can we do to help your club be beneficial to your members? Hopefully, we can establish a set of “lessons learned” that may benefit other clubs. Hopefully we can identify services that NECCC can provide to help small and large clubs alike.

Information is the key to making effective improvements for the future of the New England Camera Clubs. I’m hoping you will all find the time to answer requests for information.

I look forward to another successful year working with the NECCC officers and all of you. Please feel free to contact me with questions and/or suggestions. You can reach me at NECCC2014@comcast.net

We hope to see all of you at next year's conference!!