Friday, July 19, 2019

Lewis Kemper talks about the NECCC photo conference

Follow me
Facebook
Twitter
Website
Google Plus
Instagram
Denali Reflection, Denali National Park, Alaska
4 x 5 original copied with LM 35-45 Film to Digital Copier
Yielding a 187MB 16 bit file with a Nikon D850

Before I tell you about the film copier, I am going to take a moment to relate some of my experiences at the NECCC conference in Amherst, MA last week. If you have never heard of the NECCC conference I would be amazed.  Next year will be the 75th anniversary of the conference. That is an amazing feat! This year there were 39 speakers covering a wide variety of topics.  There are lectures, photo shoots, portfolio reviews and more. There is something for every photographer.

I had a great time, especially getting to spend time with some old friends (Adam Jones, Jamie Konarski Davidson, Sean Bagshaw, Suzette Allen, Shiv Verma, and more) and making some new ones (Karen Hutton, David Akoubian, Kurt Budliger, and Padma Inguva). One of the highlights was the excellent keynote presentation by Nikon Ambassador, Kristi OdomIf you ever get the opportunity to hear her speak, don’t miss it!